Breakfast for a crowd simply bought a complete lot simpler with these sheet pan eggs. Sautéed onions and mushrooms, gruyere, pecorino, and half-and-half are whisked along with eggs, poured right into a sheet pan, and baked into a superbly sliceable, sharable sheet of breakfast goodness.
Simple Sheet Pan Eggs Recipe
In search of a fast, hassle-free breakfast possibility that’s tasty, good for you, and excellent for a crowd? You must strive these sheet pan eggs. A easy combination of sautéed mushrooms and onions, eggs, gruyere, pecorino, and a contact of half-and-half is poured right into a sheet pan and baked right into a scrumptious “scramble”. The deep, savory flavors of the sautéed veggies, the nuttiness of the gruyere, the sharp chunk of the pecorino, and the taming creaminess of the half and half come collectively within the excellent marriage of flavors that’s certain to fulfill style buds far and vast. I like you could make so many servings at a time. Simply slice your sheet pan eggs into 12 or so parts to feed the entire gang.
You’ll solely want 10 minutes within the kitchen earlier than popping these straightforward eggs within the oven and going about your morning. Plus, clean-up is a cinch. Say goodbye to the mess and fuss of conventional stovetop scrambled eggs and make manner on your new favourite breakfast answer.
Why You’ll Love Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs
This egg-centric recipe would possibly simply change into a brand new breakfast staple. It’s really easy to throw collectively and excellent for a crowd.
- Easy. Sheet pan eggs are extremely straightforward to make. Simply saute some veggies, whisk some eggs, mix all of it with cheese and half-and-half, and bake in a sheet pan.
- Wealthy and flavorful. The meaty mushrooms, the creamy half-and-half, the chunk of the pecorino, and the nuttiness of the gruyere all come collectively to create a flavorful breakfast dish.
- Customizable. Swap up your cheeses, get inventive with add-ins, and/or play with seasonings. This recipe is definitely tailor-made to suit your style preferences.
- Simple cleanup. No extra slaving over dishes. A parchment paper-lined sheet pan is manner simpler to wash up than an eggy skillet. But one more reason why this dreamy breakfast recipe makes it to the highest of my checklist of hassle-free breakfasts.
How To Make Sheet Pan Eggs
This dish is the final word breakfast hack, and this easy information will present you make it. It’s only a fuss-free recipe that mixes contemporary substances and minimal effort for a beautiful morning meal. For the complete recipe, ensure that to scroll to the recipe card under.
Substances For Sheet Pan Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Child Bella Mushrooms: White mushrooms would additionally work.
- Half and Half: Be at liberty to make use of entire milk or 2% as a substitute for a barely lighter dish.
- Shredded Gruyere & Pecorino: It’s also possible to experiment with different cheeses.
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till tender.
- Scramble. Whisk collectively the eggs, half and half, salt, and floor black pepper.
- Add the mix-ins. Stir within the veggies and cheeses.
- Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Add-Ins & Variations For Scrambled Eggs
One of many nice issues about these sheet pan eggs is that they’re endlessly customizable. Contemplate this recipe an overview so that you can construct on. Add substances. Take them away. Strive a unique cheese. Go wild! Listed here are some concepts for you.
- Contemporary herbs. I like incorporating contemporary chives, parsley, and/or tarragon into the egg combination.
- Pack within the veggies. Don’t cease at mushrooms. Add some sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, and/or spinach to the combo for a fair heartier dose of greens.
- Cater to carnivores. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for an additional protein enhance.
- Make it spicy. A pinch of crimson pepper flakes or a touch of scorching sauce would make the proper addition for these of you who like a little bit of spice.
- Tex-Mex. Fold in some tomatoes and cilantro and prime with avocado and salsa for a south-of-the-border rendition of this crowd-friendly dish.
- Make it Mediterranean. Swap the mushrooms out for sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives and go for feta as a substitute of gruyere.
Ideas for Success
- Use a rimmed baking sheet. This may occasionally go with out saying however I simply wish to drive the purpose residence. You want a rim in your baking sheet until you need your eggs to spill out all around the oven.
- Parchment paper. I actually recommend utilizing parchment paper right here. You might get away with a superb coat of non-stick baking spray or non-stick aluminum foil, however the eggs would possibly nonetheless stick.
- Don’t crowd the pan. When sautéing the mushrooms, you wish to give them loads of room to breathe. For those who overcrowd the pan, the mushrooms will launch moisture and develop a rubbery texture.
- Don’t over-beat the eggs. Over-beating the eggs could cause them to get rubbery as they prepare dinner. So, whisk simply till the whites have principally blended with the yolks.
- Transfer rapidly. You wish to get the eggs within the oven quickly after whisking them. Whisking the eggs incorporates some air into them, which provides them a light-weight, fluffy texture when baked. That air will slowly depart the eggs the longer they sit after whisking.
- Don’t overcook. You wish to bake simply till the eggs are set within the middle of the pan. I like to recommend checking for doneness about 5 minutes earlier than the cooking time is up.
What to Serve with Sheet Pan Eggs
Don’t let these eggs face the world alone! They’re even higher when loved with different culinary masterpieces. Listed here are a few of my favourite methods to do it.
Learn how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Enable eggs to chill, lower them into particular person parts, and switch them to an hermetic container. They are going to maintain nicely for as much as 4 days within the fridge.
- Freezer. Cool the eggs, lower them into particular person servings, freeze them on a sheet pan to agency for a few hours, then switch them to an hermetic container or freezer bag. Retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months, and thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- To reheat. Organize the specified portion/s on a baking sheet, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake at 350˚F for quarter-hour or till heated by means of. If utilizing the microwave, warmth the eggs in 20-second intervals till heat.
Extra Simple Egg Recipes
I like eggs for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. This sheet pan egg recipe has captured my coronary heart however so have these different egg-centric dishes. Let me know which is your favourite.
Prep. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 12 X 17-inch rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
Sauté the veggies. Soften the butter over medium warmth in a big skillet. Add the onions, season with salt, and sauté till translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté till browned and tender. Put aside.
Scramble. Crack the eggs into a big mixing bowl and add the half and half, salt, and floor black pepper. Whisk till the eggs are nicely overwhelmed, and all the things is mixed.
Put all of it collectively. Stir the sauteed veggies and the 2 cheeses into the egg combination.
Bake. Pour the egg combination onto the ready sheet pan. Use a rubber spatula to unfold the combination evenly over the sheet pan if vital. Bake for 20 minutes or till the eggs are set, and the highest is golden brown.
Serve. Take away the eggs from the oven and permit them to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than slicing them into squares and serving.
- Add-Ins: Customise these sheet pan eggs to your liking by including or eradicating substances. Experiment with completely different cheeses and mix-ins. Strive contemporary herbs like chives, parsley, or tarragon. Enhance the veggie content material with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, or your favourite veggies. Add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage for further protein.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to stop spills within the oven.
- Parchment paper is beneficial to stop sticking; non-stick spray or foil might not work as successfully.
- Keep away from over-beating the eggs, which may end up in a rubbery texture.
- Work rapidly after whisking the eggs to take care of their gentle, fluffy texture.
- Bake till the middle units, as overcooking can result in toughness. Verify for doneness 5 minutes earlier than the beneficial cooking time.
- Storage: Cool the eggs, retailer them in an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 4 days. To freeze, lower the sheet pan eggs into particular person parts, and retailer them in an hermetic container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1 slice | Energy: 213 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 16 g | Fats: 15 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 405 mg | Sodium: 711 mg | Potassium: 303 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 710 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 124 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 3 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values might range in line with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.